Edu1st is a pioneering organization created in the United States that seeks, with integrity and passion, to transform education by promoting a culture of thinking that lasts. To achieve this, Edu1st created and developed the VESS Model, an institutional transformation model endorsed by the University of Barcelona. VESS is being implemented and used in educational institutions around the world.
Over 20 Years of Experience
Edu1st was incorporated in the United States in 2000 by Ana María Fernández and Gilberto Pinzón. Edu1st provides a proven effective operating model system, internationally supported, present in more than seven countries and 120 educational centers. This includes the operational efficiency and effective management we have developed over the years.
We guide and support the school in implementing a sustainable culture of thinking: with training, consulting, coaching sessions, and practical tools that ensure success.
We offer a different concept developed, tested, and permanently incorporated into the best practices worldwide
Owner and Creator of the VESS Model
Edu1st owns the VESS Model who is endorsed by the University of Barcelona and implemented in its six Edu1st.Preschools in the U.S.A., two international schools in Colombia, and the VESS International Network of more than 120 schools in 8 countries.
Awards and Certifications
- Endorsed by the University of Barcelona
- Certified for School Readiness by the State of Florida
- Recognized in 2022 by Education 2.0 Conference with “Best Company Award” and “Outstanding Leadership Award”
- Edu1st’s VESS won Spain’s Siena Group’s Magisterium Award, for contributing to the educational development of the world.
- Recognized by Fundación Telefónica in Spain one of the most innovative educational programs in the world (2016)
New services and 100% flexible offer
From 2020 Edu1st expanded its service offer, created new platforms, offering its courses and certifications in person or online, adapting them to the institutions’ needs.
VESS Virtual Campus
In 2020, Edu1st launched its Virtual Campus, which includes
- Training and certification processes for VESS Trainers.
- Virtual coaching in classrooms.
- More than 20 courses in hybrid formats.
- Training in VESS Thinking Cultures (VESS I – VESS V).
The VESS platform
The VESS Platform is a digital tool for connecting, sharing, learning, accessing documents and resources and working collaboratively. The VESS Platform provides members of the VESS International Network with assistance and support as they implement the strategies and tools used to establish a VESS Culture of Thinking in their institutions.
VESS Edu Journal
VESS Edu Journal is a Spanish-language publication in alliance with Rima ediciones. The journal offers content oriented to new learning about educational knowledge, thus helping to build an ecosystem of meaningful learning in community.
What We Offer
Management and implementation assistance
Training and methods to create a sustainable culture of thinking
International VESS Network
VESS Platform (online resource and training center)